Where am I?
K-12 Art Teacher Certification
PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS *
Foundations for Teaching (15 hours)
- EDU 500 Behavior Management Techniques or EDU 529 Positive Behavioral Supports (3 hours)
- EDU 541 Frameworks for Learning (3 hours)
- EDU 542 The Teacher as Leader (3 hours)
- EDU 586 Studies in Disability and Exceptionality (3 hours)
- PSY 200 Developmental Psychology (3 hours)
Teaching Methods (12 hours)
- CIS 103 Microcomputers in Education (3 hours)
- EDU 223 Introduction to Classroom Assessment (3 hours)
- EDU 550 Reading in the Content Areas (3 hours)
- EDU 597 The Instructional Process (3 hours)
Methods Course Applicable to Certification Area (4 hours)
- ART 350 Teaching of Art in the Elementary School (3 hours)
- ART 351Teaching of Art in the Secondary School (3 hours)
Clinical Experiences (13 hours)
- EDU 531 The Contemporary Classroom (3 hours)
- EDU 450 Student Teaching at the Elementary Level (2 hours)
- EDU 451 Student Teaching at the Secondary Level (8 hours)
NOTE: Students to be certified in Art Education will include K-6 and 9-12 experiences in student teaching.
* Certification candidates must also complete an appropriate program of study in their chosen content area, six (6) hours of which must be taken at Fontbonne University. Transcripts are forwarded to the appropriate department for review of content to establish individual program needs.