Where am I?
Alpha Kappa Delta
Interntional Sociology Honor Society
Alpha Kappa Delta is the International Sociology Honor Society. The motto of the society is "to investigate humanity for the purpose of service." The purpose of this society is to promote excellence in scholarship in the study of sociology, research of social problems, and such other social and intellectual activities as will lead to improvement in the human condition.
Membership in this honor society is open to students who meet the following requirements:
- Sociology Major or Minor
- Junior Standing
- Overall GPA of 3.00 and rank in the top 35% of graduating class (junior or senior class)
- Must have completed at least 4 regular courses in sociology prior to initation
Benefits of membership include:
- A free, one-year membership to Sociological Inquiry, the official journal of AKD and access to the AKD newsletter
- Student paper contests, with cash prizes
- Networking connections with other AKD members
- Upgrades in pay if you choose to work in Civil Service following graduation
- Honor cords at graduation
For more information regarding membership, please contact one of the sociology faculty on 3rd Floor East Hall or visit the AKD website.
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Suzanne Stoelting
AKD Chapter Representative: Dr. Deborah Phelps