Where am I?
Speech-Language Pathology Program
Earn a Bachelor of Science in Speech-Language Pathology from Fontbonne University, and you'll have an exceptional foundation for graduate studies in speech-language pathology, as well as a professional life dedicated to helping people. Our undergraduate speech-language pathology (SLP) students learn about the normal development of language as well as disorders of human communication and swallowing. In addition, students gain real clinical experience by working with clients in the department’s speech-language clinic. While it is important to note that a master’s degree is needed to be a licensed speech-language pathologist, students who complete the undergraduate degree are eligible to apply to the State of Missouri for licensure as a speech-language pathology assistant (SLPA).
Speech-Language Pathology Program Highlights
- Real clinical experience under the supervision of faculty and licensed speech-language pathologists
- Eardley Family Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic, located on Fontbonne’s campus
- Master’s in speech-language pathology also offered at Fontbonne
- Fontbonne’s chapter of National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association is an active organization, with more than 40 students on campus, that raises funds for organizations and causes, hosts guest speakers, and offers networking and service opportunities.
In-Field Learning Experiences
- Pre-clinical and clinical experience in the Eardley Family Speech-Language Hearing-Clinic
Fontbonne University’s Speech-Language Pathology Graduate Successes
- Laura O’Hara BS ’03, MS ’05 (PhD Saint Louis University ’08) is currently a faculty member in the department of communication disorders and deaf education at Fontbonne University. Prior to that, she was a practicing speech language pathologist in the schools. She was a Fontbonne University Scholar, the Outstanding Student of the Year in 2005 and the Outstanding Graduate Student of the Year – Obrien Award in 2008.
Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or (800) 205-5862 | email@example.com