Where am I?
Applied Mathematics Major
Do you know you want to work with mathematics, but you do not necessarily want to become a research mathematician?
Are you intrigued by the application of mathematics to areas outside of mathematics?
If your answer to either of these questions is “yes,” then a Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics is for you. Applied Mathematics majors have a choice of one of the following application areas:
Our small class sizes, open-door policy for students and easy access to resources help ensure that you get the most out of your time here.
At Fontbonne, you work closely with faculty members who serve as both teachers and mentors. We infuse technology into our mathematics courses, giving students the edge they need for graduate school or the professional world. Employers are actively seeking people who can understand and apply mathematics; if you can provide them with that background, they will eagerly train you to do what they need.
Applied Mathematics Program Highlights
- Enjoy small class sizes and get all of the personal attention you deserve.
- Work with faculty mentors with whom you can pursue research.
- Earn a dual degree in computer science and engineering through Fontbonne’s agreements with the University of Missouri-Kansas City and Washington University in St. Louis.
- Enjoy the small-campus feel of camaraderie, community and service.
- Earn a minor in computer science, cyber security, or management information systems.
How Will I Benefit from this Major?
- Learn how to analyze and synthesize data.
- Learn how to draw conclusions from data and act accordingly.
- Develop logical, quantitative, and technical skills.
- Develop problem-solving skills and learn to effectively communicate solutions.
- Develop insights into the application of mathematics to the market place.
What Are Recent Applied Mathematics Graduates Currently Doing?
- Coordinator of Institutional Research at Harris Stowe University
- Engineer, Outage Manager at Experitec, Inc.
- Engineer at CRB Consulting Engineers
- Internal Marketing Manager at MRCT Benefit Plus
- Patient Care Services Manager at Foundation Care, LLC
- Sales, Marketing, Management at California Custom Decks
- Treasury Coordinator at SunEdison, Inc.
Interested in learning about other STEM programs (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)? Explore here.
Questions? Contact Admissions: (314) 889-1400 or 1-800-205-5862 | email@example.com