Where am I?
Become an Ambassador! Position Description
Fontbonne Student Ambassadors
Position Description & Expectations
Fontbonne Student Ambassadors (FSA) is a student organization at Fontbonne University, in conjunction with the Office of Admission, established to interact with prospective and admitted students by assisting in the academic recruitment and enrollment process. FSA assists the Office of Admission with recruitment and enrollment efforts by promoting a positive image of the institution. Our members gain leadership experience through training and service, cultivating desirable professional skills for all types of careers.
As a member of FSA, or more commonly known as a Student Ambassador, you will participate in the following:
- Facilitate weekly tours to prospective students and families
- Assist with Office of Admission events, such as Preview Days, Presidential Scholarship Interview Day, Admitted Student Day, counselor breakfasts, campus visits for high school/other groups, and other recruitment events
- Communicate with prospective students and families through tour follow-up, postcard writing, confirmation/recruitment calls, and other marketing efforts
- Host prospective students in academic/class shadowing opportunities
- Serve as a positive representative of student life at Fontbonne University
- Assist admission counselors in evaluating prospective student interest in attending Fontbonne University
All selected ambassadors must meet the following requirements at the time of application/selection:
- Be a current, undergraduate student at Fontbonne University during the 2014-2015 academic year
- Have and maintain a cumulative Fontbonne GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Be in good academic, financial, and student conduct standing
As a Student Ambassador, you are expected to abide by the following:
- Be available at least one hour per week for campus tours and/or alternate projects o Campus tours take place at 10-11am, 1-2pm, and 3-4pm Monday through Friday
- Be available to assist with Office of Admission special events sometimes held on weekends
- Attend monthly FSA meetings which will present updates, announcements and continuing training (bi-weekly meetings for Executive Officers)
- Find substitute ambassadors for tours or other responsibilities that you are unable to make for a legitimate circumstance and be willing to serve as a substitute ambassador if needed
- Be a positive image of the Fontbonne student community
- Demonstrate responsibility, commitment to the organization’s purpose, and positively promote institutional values
- Assist in promoting and recruiting new students to join FSA
Although this position is a volunteer role, you can be assured you will benefit from some of the following:
- Opportunities to enhance your communication skills with all types of people and groups
- Ongoing training on how to market and brand our institution
- Assist with recruiting high quality students to continue the Fontbonne legacy
- Hold executive positions in FSA while assisting with Office of Admission recruiting events planning
- Freebies and incentives, such as: polos, t-shirts, food, recognition on campus, and more!
Application & Selection Process
- Complete the FSA application at: http://tinyurl.com/FSA14-15
- Complete a one-on-one interview with an Admission staff member and returning Ambassador
- Sign up at: http://tinyurl.com/FSA14-15-Interviews
Application & Selection Timeline
- March 10 Request to Campus for Nominations
- March 21 Campus Nominations Due
- March 24 Applications Available Online
- March 26 FSA Informational Session (optional but highly recommended) – 5 pm
- April 7 Application Deadline
- April 8-10 & 14-16 Individual Interviews w/Office of Admission staff & Current Ambassadors
- April 21 2014-2015 Ambassadors Announced
- May 5 Spring Training (required) & End of Year Party
Office of Admission & FSA Calendar of Events
You will be expected to attend the following Office of Admission’s special events (at least one per semester):
- September 26 Community College Counselor Breakfast (8:30am-1pm)
- October 17 Freshman Preview Day (9am-1pm)
- October 18 Transfer Preview Day (9am-1pm)
- October 28 Meet the Geeks (Math & Computer Science Open House)
- December 6 College of Education & Communication Sciences and Disorders Open House (10am-1pm)
- January 30 High School Counselor Breakfast (8:30am-1pm)
- February 16 Presidential Scholarship Interviews (TBD)
- March 6 Freshman Preview Day (9am-1pm)
- March 7 Transfer Preview Day (9am-1pm)
FSA Meeting Dates
Monthly meeting dates/times will be determined by ambassadors’ availability at the beginning of the Fall semester.
- August ??
- September ??
- October ??
- November ??
- December ??
The Fontbonne Student Ambassador position description (pdf) is available for download.