Where am I?

Immunization Requirements


As part of the housing application process, you are required to have the following three immunizations. If you live in university sponsored housing you must meet the immunization requirements. International students - if the requirements are not met, you will not be allowed to attend classes for the current semester. If you do not attend classess, your immigration record will be negatively affected. All other students - If you fail to fulfill this requirement, you will not be allowed to check in to university housing or attend classes for the current semester .

  • Tuberculosis screening (TB) - cannot be older than 6 months prior to moving onto campus AND cannot be received outside of the United States. It is a 2 part screening- inoculation then read by a medical professional 48 hours later.
  • Additional medical attention is required if a resident student has a positive tuberculosis screening. This additional medical attention is necessary and requires a chest x-ray. It is the resident student's responsibility to provide the university with written documentation that this x-ray and the follow up medical attention has been received.
  • Meningococcal vaccine for meningitis (Menactra)
  • Mumps - MMR (childhood combination of mumps, measles, rubella) is acceptable.
  • ALL International Students - Information on the immunization clinic that will be on campus, will be provided after you arrive in the United States. Contact a staff member in the Student Affairs Office to find out more information.

All first time housing residents should check with their personal doctor, Urgent Care or County Health department.  New first time residents and international resident students will have an opportunity to receive any missing immunizations after you arrive on campus. You must notify the Student Affairs Office if you need to be included in the imunization clinic.

Immunization Costs will be applied to your student account. Payment is made in the Business Office. Prices to be determined and are subject to change without notification.

The Department of Residential Life requests a photo copy of your health insurance card along with a copy of your immunization documents from a clinic or physician's office to the Resident Medical Form (pdf) This form along with your immunizations must be in the Residential Life office by AUGUST 1 for the fall semester residents; by JANUARY 1 for the spring semester residents.



All new international students living off campus must provide evidence that they are free of tuberculosis with a screening and be immunized for mumps. Tuberculosis screening tests (TB/PPD) will not be accepted if received out of the United States. 

You will receive information on the immunization clinic that will be on campus after your arrival in the United States. Contact a staff member in the Student Affairs Office to find out more information.

How to Send Your Medical Information

                                            Fontbonne University

                                            Department of Residential Life

                                            6800 Wydown Blvd.

                                            St. Louis, MO 63105