Where am I?
Instructional Design and Technology
Fontbonne University’s Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology is a dynamic online program that will prepare you to design, develop, implement and evaluate efficient and effective instructional experiences for adults in a variety of settings, including corporate training, military organizations, government agencies and higher education.
Instructional designers identify the most effective technologies to enhance learning, and with this master’s degree, you will be well positioned to enter this emerging field.
These professionals assist or serve in a range of roles, such as corporate trainers, performance consultants, technology coordinators, instructional designers, online course developers, game designers and education software designers.
Job opportunities in this field are varied and continue to grow. Instructional designers can evaluate new technologies, conduct research on learning outcomes, create training materials and methods, manage the implementation of new technology, or consult on web strategy and design.
What Makes Fontbonne’s Instructional Design and Technology Program Unique?
- Enjoy small class sizes that are offered exclusively and conveniently online.
- Receive support and individualized attention you deserve from skilled faculty.
- Experience project-based classes, which allow you to focus on the most relevant skills for your particular career.
- Immediately apply your acquired knowledge to your own work setting.
- Earn one of five possible certificates:
- Virtual Worlds Certificate
- Learning Technologies Certificate
- Instructional Design and Technology Certificate
- Teaching Computer Science K-8 Certificate
- Teaching Computer Science 7-12 Certificate
- Complete the degree within 36 credit hours offered within 16-week semesters.
- Earn a degree and/or certificates that are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
From a Student's Perspective
"The program has been challenging but very rewarding. I highly recommend Fontbonne’s master’s program in instructional design and technology. The knowledge I’m gaining is timely and relevant. The instructors are insightful, responsive and understanding. Now, I’m bringing more to the table for my employer. My critical and innovative thinking skills have improved, and I now have greater confidence in offering insight and solutions to problems."
-Janel Schnieders, Organizational Development Leader, SSM Health
Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology
Expected Completion Date: Summer 2015
Questions? Contact Admissions: 314.863.2220 | email@example.com