Where am I?
Master of Accountancy
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited, degree-granting college or university. Official transcript must be received directly from your undergraduate school(s).
- Overall grade point average of 2.75 on a 4-point scale.
- GMAT score of 475 or higher.
- A 200 to 300-word self-statement describing your background, successes and reasons for pursuing your graduate degree from Fontbonne.
- Two letters of recommendation from professional references qualified to judge your experience, character and capacity for college-level learning.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must pass the TOEFL with a score of 71/6.5 IELTS or a Fontbonne-authorized equivalent test.
Applicants with GPA less than required minimum may be considered for admittance on conditional basis after review of academic file.
Admission Requirements are subject to change.
Prerequisite course work must be completed prior to beginning this curriculum. Prerequisites include Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Business Finance, Business Law, Introduction to Statistics, Information Systems (proficiency in Excel), Macroeconomics and Microeconomics. Prerequisite requirements may be satisfied at the undergraduate level with a grade of C- or better and within the last six years (subject to limited exceptions). Students who need these courses may satisfy them at Fontbonne in an accelerated evening or online format.
Note: As the accountancy program is designed for students with a bachelor’s in accounting, there are additional requirements for students without an accounting degree. Those without an accounting degree should inquire about the Master of Science in Accounting.
Graduate Transfer Credit
A maximum of six credit hours of previous graduate work may be transferred into the graduate program. Such transfer credit will be approved on a case-by-case basis and must be equivalent to a specific course in the curriculum with a grade of B or better. Credits must have been earned at an accredited, degree-granting institution within the last six years.