Where am I?
Carmen Larimore Russell, Ph.D, CCC-SLP
- PhD Communication Science & Disorders, University of Missouri-Columbia
- MS Communication Disorders, University of Texas at Dallas
- BA Speech and English, Southwest Baptist University
- Missouri Speech-Language Hearing Association (MSHA)
- Academy of Neurologic Communication Disorders and Sciences
- American Speech Language Hearing Association Special Interest Groups:
- Issues in Higher Education
- Neurophysiology and Neurogenic Speech and Language Disorders
- Voice and Voice Disorders
- Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia)
- Midwest Adult Communication Disorders Group (MACDG)
- Missouri Speech Language Hearing Association (MSHA)
- International Neuropsychological Association
- National Aphasia Association
- Phi Kappa Phi
Recent Publications/Conference Presentations:
Holland, D., Larimore, C. & Johnstone, B. (2001). The assessment and rehabilitation of language disorders. Brick Johnstone & Henry Stonnington, Eds. Rehabilitation of Neuropsychological Disorders: A Practical Guide for Rehabilitation Professionals and Family Members. Taylor & Francis Group.
Holland, D., Johnstone, B., & Larimore, C. (2000). Language and academic abilities. G. Groth-Marnat, Ed., Neuropsychological Assessment in Clinical Practice: A Guide to Test Interpretation and Integration. John Wiley & Sons.
2011 Missouri Speech-Language Hearing Association Annual Conference. “Frontotemporal Dementia in ALS: Considerations for AAC Placement” Poster. Co-presenter. April.
2010 American Speech Language Hearing Association Convention, Philadelphia, PA. “Frontotemporal Dementia in ALS: Considerations for AAC Placement” Poster. Co-presenter. November
2010 Missouri Speech-Language Hearing Association Annual Conference. “It’s Showtime! Fontbonne University’s AAC Theatre Camp” Co-presenter. April. 2010 Missouri Speech-Language Hearing Association Annual Conference. “Motor Learning Applications for Speech Therapy” Co-presenter. April.
2008 American Speech Language Hearing Association Convention, Chicago, IL. “It’s Showtime! Fontbonne University’s Family Weekend Theatre AAC Camp.” Poster. November. 2008 Missouri Speech-Language Hearing Association Annual Conference. “The Thing That Does That Stuff: Trends in Anomia Therapy.” Presentation. March.
- Nature of Language
- Intro to Neurogenic Communication Disorders
- Intro to Research Methods
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Advanced Voice Pathology
- Adult Neurogenic Language and Cognitive Disorders
- Clinical Aspects of Dysphagia
Communication Disorders and Deaf Education
6800 Wydown Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63105
Office: East 207