Where am I?
Janine Duncan, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Family and Consumer Sciences
Director, Undergraduate FCS and HES Graduate Programs
- B.S. Vocational Home Economics Education, University of Illinois
- Ph.D. Education Leadership and Policy Studies, University of Missouri—St. Louis
Research Area/ Scholarly Interest:
- Foundations of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Public Policy and Advocacy in Family and Consumer Sciences
- Duncan, J.M. (2011). Defining rigor in family and consumer sciences. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences Education, 29(1), pp.1-12. Can be retrieved from http://www.natefacs.org/JFCSE/v29no1/v29no1Duncan.pdf
- Duncan, J. M. (2011). Rooted in mission: Family and consumer sciences in Catholic universities. Catholic Education: A Journal of Inquiry and Practice, 14(4), pp. 391-412. Can be retrieved from http://ejournals.bc.edu/ojs/index.php/catholic/article/view/1675
- Looking Back, Moving Forward: Exposing the AAFCS Legacy to Develop Future Leaders, at the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, Indianapolis, IN, June 2012. Co-presented with Carol Pariani, Patricia Schodrowski, and Deborah Williams.
- Pilates for Professionals: Strengthening Our Core Using the FCS Body of Knowledge Model, at the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, Indianapolis, IN June 2012 [research completed by Monica Dickens, M.A.].
- Beyond the Standards: Modeling Critical Curricula Through FCS, at the 7th Annual Educating for Change Curriculum Fair: Creating Spaces for Social Justice in an Era of Standardized Testing, St. Louis, MO, October 8, 2011
- Reaching Beyond “Context”: Preparing FCS Professionals for a Multilingual Society, at the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, Phoenix, AZ, June 2011. Co-presented with Daniel Duncan
- Defining Rigor in Family & Consumer Sciences, at Missouri Association for Career and Technical Education/MOEFCS Summer Pre-Conference, Springfield, MO, July 26, 2010.
- Leadership Strategies for the Next Generation: Fostering Capacity of FCS Undergraduates, at the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, Cleveland, OH, June 24, 2010. Co-presented with Cheryl Houston, Ph.D., R.D., L.D.
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- National Council on Family Relations
- American Association of University Professors
- Missouri Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
Human Environmental Sciences
6800 Wydown Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63105
Office: 123 Anheuser Busch Hall