Where am I?
FCC Award Guidelines & Application
Guidelines to Applying for a
Fontbonne Community Connection
2014 Deadlines to Remember
Deadlines are firm and at 5:00 p.m. CST
unless otherwise noted.
Early submissions are welcomed and encouraged any time prior to deadlines.
Preliminary Application: Friday, Jan. 31, 2014
Application: Thurs, April 10, 2014
Final Report Submission:
Submit within 30 days of project completion or by: Friday, July 31, 2015
Additional Dates of Interest
FCC Notification re: Status of Proposal Friday, February 14, 2014
FCC Members Review Requests May/June, 2014
FCC Voting Deadline Friday, June 6, 2014
FCC Awards Announcement Meeting Thursday, July 10, 2014
Fontbonne Community Connection (FCC) Guidelines
· Only current Fontbonne faculty, staff and/or students in good standing with the Fontbonne Community Connection may apply for funds.
· Applications will be evaluated based on how well the project supports Fontbonne University’s mission, vision, commitment and values. Please review these documents prior to completing your submission.
· Awards are made at the sole discretion of the Fontbonne Community Connection (FCC).
· Awards are not awarded for financial aid to students.
· Updates have been made to the guidelines. Applicants that have previously applied for a FCC award should look at what changes have been made.Process Changes (pdf, 112.28KB)
· Projects requesting between $250 and $20,000 will be considered.
· The FCC awards full funding to selected applicants.
· FCC awards may not support another nonprofit organization.
· Awards are made for a twelve (12) month period that begins from the day the awards are announced. Exceptions to delay the start of the 12 month period may be noted in the Application but under no circumstances may the start be later than 6 months from the announcement of the award. Any requests for extensions other than noted above must be approved by the FCC Chair.
· FCC funds shall be used for the sole purpose of accomplishing the project as described in the application. Project amendments must be discussed and approved by the FCC Awards Chair.
· A request to fund a past project will only be considered if at least one year isskipped between funding cycles.
· All publicity related to the awarded project (flier, event invitation, media coverage, press release, etc.) must acknowledge the Fontbonne Community Connection as the Sponsor. (Logo available upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.)
· Awards will be announced in July.
· The final written report on a project is due to the FCC within 30 days of project completion or by July 31, 2015, whichever is earlier. Applicants are expected to complete the Final Report Form by clicking here and to submit it with required documentation. Here is an example of a financial log that can be used to submit your expenses at the end of the project. Final Report Financial Log (xlsx, 31.25KB)
· The award recipient is to notify the FCC liaison when all project expenses have been submitted, so the associated sub-account can be closed and any remaining funds returned to the FCC.
Application and Submission Process
Applicants are required to discuss their proposed project idea with those responsible for authorizing its submission (immediate supervisor, academic advisor, etc.) who are expected to confirm it with the associated Vice President. After discussing their idea, applicants should submit a preliminary application no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 31, 2014.
Applicants should request funds only for projects that are not included within a department’s budget.
FCC awards are intended to jumpstart great ideas.
Acronyms must be defined with their first usage in both the Preliminary Application and Full Application. An example: Fontbonne Community Connection (FCC) members fund dream projects.
Proper spelling and grammar are required in all submissions. (Tip: Type your answers into a Word document to check spelling and grammar before cutting and pasting into the application. You are also encouraged to use the Word Count tool.)
Those awarded funding will be required to complete/submit a contract of acceptance within two weeks of the awards announcement. FCC Award Agreement (pdf, 182.83KB)
Applications are accepted online only and must be complete.
There is a limit of one application per individual or student organization per year.
Consideration of future awards will be based on an awardee’s ability to comply with the guidelines and deadlines listed above.
Should an awardee leave the university, the project must be suspended immediately and funds returned to the FCC, unless the beneficiary department or organization feels able to appoint a suitable replacement to manage the project to completion. In this case, they must first have an exception approved by the Chair of the FCC before further project expenses can be incurred and paid.
Questions about the Awards Process? Call Wendy Schneider,
Fontbonne’s Director of Grants, at (314) 889-4510.