Where am I?
Reporting an Emergency
All emergencies should be reported to the Public Safety Office by dialing extension HELP (4357).
Should you need the police, fire department or an ambulance and Public Safety can not be can be reached, dial 911 (9-911).
When you call to report an emergency, stay calm and speak slowly.Give the following information:
- State, “This is an emergency call.”
- Describe the exact location.
- Carefully explain the problem.
- Identify yourself and your phone number.
- DO NOT HANG UP UNTIL YOU ARE TOLD TO DO SO.
- You may be asked to stay by the phone or be given other instructions.
If anyone is available, dispatch one individual to a location near the emergency to meet and escort responding personnel to the site of the emergency. Ask witnesses to remain at the emergency site and help keep non-participants away. Emergency personnel will take control of the situation when they arrive. Neither you nor the witnesses should leave until you have been told that you are no longer needed.