Where am I?
- Memorize your PIN. Have your card and code ready before you approach the ATM.
- Keep your card in a safe place. Notify your bank if your card is lost or stolen.
- If you drive to the ATM, keep your car locked when using the ATM. Keep your keys handy so you can enter your car quickly after completing your transaction.
- Be alert for anything suspicious, especially two or more people in a nearby vehicle or someone who just appears to be "hanging" around the area.
- If you feel something is wrong, leave the area immediately and use another ATM.
- When you are using the ATM and someone is closer than you would like, ask the person to step back. If they do not step back consider canceling you transaction and wait in your locked vehicle until the individual leaves.
- Once you receive your cash, pocket it immediately and count it later in a safe place.
- Remember to take your card and receipt.
- Use another ATM if the lighting is out.
- Report all ATM crimes to the police and the financial institution.