Where am I?

Winter Break

Christmas/Winter Holiday 

Our staff encourages residents to spend the holidays off campus with family and friends. The University DOES close its residence halls for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring Break. If you can’t go home you will be allowed to stay on campus. Information on how to sign up and the charges are below. Please refer back to the website as information can change and it is updated here. If you have questions please contact a staff member at residentiallife@fontbonne.edu


  • RESIDENCE HALLS CLOSED - Wednesday, November 26 at 12 p.m. to November 30 at 12 p.m.
  • ALL RESIDENTS MUST SIGN up to stay over the holiday. Deadline Tuesday, Nov. 25 at NOON
  • Building access cards are disabled for the entire break unless you sign up.
  • Access is only for the hall you live in and will be denied if you DO NOT sign up.
  • A late check-out fee ($100) is assessed to your student account if you are still in you room at closing.
  • The cost per night is $25 for Medaille and St. Joseph residents.
  • Working off campus or work study does not count! Your account is charged.
  • All charges go directly to your student account.
  • EXCEPTIONS: If you are an International student, live in Southwest and Cotta Hall, student teachers, resident athletes in the current season or residents involved in approved university sponsored activity, your can stay at no charge BUT you must sign up. 
  • No FOOD SERVICE on campus during the break. Dinner on Tuesday, Nov. 25 is the last meal until dinner on Sunday, Nov. 30.
  • There are penalties assessed to your student account if you stay without signing up - $75.00 plus $25 per night. This charge is not negotiable. 
  • Other Information - A list of local health service providers is on our website if you need medical treatment over the holiday season.


If you have a maintenance emergency in your room when offices are closed, contact Public Safety for assistance at 314-889-4596.


Do you know someone moving on campus in January as a new resident?  Pass this information on to them please.

If you are moving in mid-year as a transfer or international student (any time other than the fall semester in August), you will receive an email with your housing assignment. This email will contain move-in instructions, required immunizations to live on campus along with other important information. The emails may go to your Fontbonne email address, so begin checking it on a regular basis.

If you have not received an email with your housing assignment, or if you have any questions about move-in, please contact the Office of Residential Life at residentiallife@fontbonne.edu or call 314-889-1411.



If you are leaving Fontbonne University at the end of the semester, release your room by cancelling it by December 1.

You have signed a lease agreement to live in university housing for one full academic year. If you meet the criteria in the handbook and do not cancel your room, you will not receive a housing refund. You must cancel by December 1 to be eligible for a housing deposit refund.

Follow these steps to successfully leave Fontbonne University housing.

  1. If you are withdrawing from the university, complete paperwork with Academic Advising in Ryan Hall room 103.
  2. Start the housing cancellation process by completing the online Room Cancellation Request.
  3. Complete the Resident Hall Exit Survey. Pick up from your RA. We value your opinion and its part of the exit process.
  4. A housing refund is granted providing there are no financial obligations to the university, room damage charges or holds on your account.
  5. Post Office Policy: If you are withdrawing from Fontbonne housing permanently, you need to change your address at your local post office to ensure continuous mail service. Your mail will be returned to sender if you do not change your mailing address.
  6. You must make an appointment with your RA to check out of your room, return your keys, access card and ID. No check-outs after 10 pm. All personal belongings must be removed before your room is inspected by the RA.
  7. If the checkout procedures explained here are not followed, you will be fined $100 for improper check out. This will be paid with your housing deposit before a refund is given.
  8. After moving out, you housing deposit refund will be applied to your direct deposit account providing there are no financial obligations to the university, room damages and/or cleaning charges or holds on your account. If you are not enrolled in direct deposit, you may be issued a check that will be mailed in January.