Where am I?
International Resident Student Housing Information
Welcome to Residential Life!
Living on campus you can experience American life first-hand. You will find our residence halls are well-equipped, comfortable and a great way to make lifelong friends. Apply early for On-Campus and Off Campus housing. Specific housing requests are not guaranteed, even if applications are received before your arrival. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received.
Housing Application Contract and Deposit Information
International students attending undergraduate classes, complete and submit one of the following contracts below. Contracts are for the full Academic Year. Penalties apply for breaking housing contracts.
International students attending graduate classes, complete and submit one of the following contracts below. Contracts are for the full Academic Year.
- Pay housing security deposit at the secure site ONLINE now.
- Scan and email application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Housing security deposit confirms an available space in university sponsored housing not a particular building or room.
- The $200 serves as a housing security deposit.
- Pay the housing deposit before the May 1 deadline for the Fall Semester and before December 1 for the Spring Semester, to receive a priority housing assignment.
Taxi Service, Anytime
An airport taxi to Fontbonne may cost approximately $50 USD. Many people find the taxi service to be reliable in the U.S. Taxis can be found on the garage level outside of the baggage claim area. The official address of Fontbonne University is 6800 Wydown Blvd., St. Louis MO 63105. However, ask the taxi driver to take you to the back parking lot off Big Bend Blvd., on the east side of Medialle Hall under the overhang. OR ask the taxi driver to call Public Safety for directions, 314-889-4596. Public Safety can call the Host student or the RA On Duty to help you. More instructions will follow closer to your arrival.
If you arrive in St. Louis before a scheduled date, YOU must arrange your own transportation from the airport to a local hotel for a room.
Hotels Close to Campus
- Sheraton Clayton, contact Hotel Reservation Manager. Shuttle service from the airport to hotel
- Cheshire Inn, contact Reservation Manager.
- Marriott Spring Hill Suites, 1231 Strassner in Brentwood, MO 63144
- Holiday Inn Forest Park, Phone 314-645-0700
- Holiday Inn Viking, Phone 314-620-2149, airport pick up available
All international students applying to the university are required to have immunizations to complete the application requirements. International students living in university sponsored housing are required to have a tuberculosis, mumps and a meningococcal vaccine. Tuberculosis screening must be received ONLY in the U.S. Do not receive it in your home country.
The mumps and meningococcal vaccines can be received in your home country. Here are the deadlines:
- SPRING semester by November 10
- SUMMER session by April 10
- FALL semester by July 10
Documentation must be in English and received in the Department of Residential Life as soon as you arrive at Fontbonne University. If you do not have proof of the Mumps and Meningococcal vaccines, you can receive these vaccines at the Vaccination Clinic on campus with your Tuberculosis.
Notify the Department of Residential Life if you need any of these vaccines so there will be enough at the Vaccination Clinic on campus. Your student account is charged for each vaccine you receive.
Failure to receive the required immunizations or submit documentation from your country jeopardizes your housing but does not alleviate your contract responsibilities with Fontbonne University Department of Residential Life. Students will not be allowed to register for classes in the following semester if the required vaccination documents are not provided.
If you do not receive the required vaccinations, you will not be allowed to attend classes for the current semester. If you do not attend classes, your immigration record will be negatively affected.
Complete and submit the Resident Health Information form with your housing application contract to the Department of Residential Life.
- Tuberculin Test (TB/PPD) - This 2 part screening that CAN NOT be received outside the United States and WILL NOT be accepted if received outside the United States.
- Meningococcal vaccine - This is for meningitis and can be received in your country.
- Mumps vaccine - The MMR vaccine of mumps, measles and rubella is acceptable and can be received in your country.
Prices will be determined at a later date and could change without notice.
Deadlines for all Resident Students
- January 1 - spring semester deadline for housing application contract, housing security deposit, medical form with immunization information due in the Department of Residential Life
- April 15 – interim/summer semester deadline for housing application contract, housing security deposit, medical form with immunization information due in the Department of Residential Life
- May 1 - fall semester deadline for housing application contract & housing security deposit to receive priority housing assignments
- June 1 - fall deadline to cancel housing. No refunds for fall after this date
- August 1 - fall semester deadline for medical form with immunization information due in the Department of Residential Life
- December 1 - spring semester deadline for housing application contract, housing security deposit, medical form with immunization information due in the Department of Residential Life to receive priority housing assignments
- December 1 – spring deadline to cancel housing. No refunds for spring after this date.
- ALL housing cancellations must be in writing.
Questions? Contact a Residential Life staff member at (314) 889-1411 or email@example.com