Where am I?
Volunteer Opportunities & Resources
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Our event season is kicking off in April with Walk MS, followed by Challenge Walk MS, MuckFest MS, and Bike MS, respectively. Volunteers are needed.
To find out more information or to volunteer, click on the organization name to get to their website.
- Annie Malone Children and Family Service Center
- Center for Women in Transition
- Voices for Children, CASA
- Family Support Network
- Family Violence Council
- Partners for Just Trade
- Family Justice Center in St. Louis, 314.781.7733
- Citizen Deputy Juvenile Officer Program, 314.615.4400
- Beverly School of Kenya
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Boys Hope, Girls Hope
- Discovering Options
- Education Exchange Corps (EEC), placing college students and other volunteers as teaching assistants in the St. Louis City schools, ongoing
- Friends with a Better Plan, Community Action Programs Volunteer Match, 314.361.2371
- Girls in the Know, Promoting healthy communication between mothers and daughters through education to encourage pre-teen girls (9-13 years old) to make positive decisions as they mature.Volunteers are needed for our many fundraising events. We can provide credit for volunteer hours. Contact Girls in the know @ 314-717-1270 or by email Vanessa Schrader.
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri
- Girls on the Run St. Louis
- Hosea House, 314.831.7277
- Junior Achievement of Greater St. Louis, Our Mission: To inspire young people to succeed in a global economy. Contact Kim Beveridge at email@example.com or 636-728-0707 ext. 226.
- Kid's Place, 314.863.8055
- KUTO, Kids Under Twenty One - 'teens helping teens help themselves.'
- Loyola Academy of St. Louis, Tutors, Tutors NEEDED at the Jesuit middle school for boys. Go to the website or contact the Community Resource Coordinator
- Our Little Haven-Caring for Children. Mind. Body. Soul
- Mentor St. Louis, Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater St. Louis, 314.335.8000
- PLAY!-Positive Lifestyle Actions for Youth, SSM St. Clare Health Center Foundation, Contact: Melanie Hessler | 636-373-1879 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mercy Ministries , Lives transformed. Hope restored. Visit the website at to see who we help. Volunteer opportunities throughout the year for big events. Contact Community Relations/Relief Staff @636-325-2015 to volunteer.
- Missouri Children's Burn Camp, Just a week in June! Volunteers are needed as Camp Counselors (must be over 21 and be able to pass a background check). The camp will be June 1 - June 7, 2015. For more information, contact Emily Bieker at 314-997-2757.
- Progressive Youth Connection
- St. Louis Crisis Nursery in South St. Louis, 314.768.3201
- St. Louis Public School, volunteers to work with individuals or small groups of students on 6th grade math any day of the week from 3:15-4 p.m. If interested, please contact Tracee Miller by email or 812-208-2055.
- The Point STL - Choose your direction, a community initiative, a refuge for young adults, driven by volunteers.
- The Salvation Army After School and Computer Lab Programs, contact the City Vision Intern, 314.771.3460
- United Way Education Express needs mentors, tutors, readers, and homework helpers. Sign up online
- UrbanFUTURE in St. Louis, educational program serving two St. Louis Public Middle Schools
- YMCA Community Literacy Programs for young and adult learners
- Young Life, St. Louis West Co, 636.394.6043
- St. Louis Area Foodbank, feeding people for 35 years! Need volunteers for the national Hunger Study that kicks off in April. To volunteer, go to the website or contact Terry Edelmann.
- The Campus Kitchens Project, Teach. Reach. Feed. Lead.
- Food Outreach
- Harvey Kornblum Jewish Food Pantry in Creve Coeur
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, Saint Louis Chapter
- Cancer Support Community, dedicated to help people affected by cancer in St. Louis and the surrounding communities.
- DOORWAYS, is an interfaith non-profit organization which provides housing and related supportive services to improve quality of life and health outcomes for people affected by HIV/AIDS. Contact Kyleah Frederic, Volunteer Associate for Doorways Interfaith Residence.
- Easter Seals of Missouri
- Intercommunity Housing Association
- La Clinica
- Missouri Children's Burn Camp, camp counselors volunteers must be over 21 for week in August. Contact Burns Recovered Support Group, Inc. or call 314-997-2757 for more information.
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, contact the Volunteer Community Outreach Coordinator or at 314-781-9020, x 27186. Our event season is kicking off in April with Walk MS, followed by Challenge Walk MS, MuckFest MS, and Bike MS, respectively. Volunteers are needed.
- Our Lady's Inn, emergency shelter/practicum students and volunteers needed
- Ranken Jordan, a pediatric specialty hospital
- SSM St. Mary's Health Center Volunteers
- Volunteer in Public Health - Our hope is that we will help move people to action. Make a difference! Thinking of changing your career? Volunteer first!
Persons with Disabilities
- Camp Barnabas, Christian camp for kids with disabilities, Purdy, MO
- Camp Quality USA, camps for kids with cancer
- Mind's Eye, The Virtual Newsstand for people experiencing blindness, low vision or other physical disablility that prevents them from reading. Volunteer Opportunities available, a few hours a week or a few hours a month. You decide!
- Pathways to Independence a non-profit specializing in social, recreation and leisure education for adults with disabilities; work with participants at events, assist in office.
- Rainbow Village volunteers needed to help with landscaping, painting & other maintenance on 54 homes for people with developmental disabilities
- Franciscan Volunteer Ministry
- Gateway Vincentian Volunteers
- Heartland Charity Volunteers, Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, or contact Sr. Therese Steiner, SCL
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps
- Marianist Volunteer Program
- Medical Mission Sisters
- Mercy Volunteer Corps
- More Than Carpentry Christian Ministries, Building, Shaping, Restoring -for current volunteer opportunitie contact Amber, Volunteer Coordinator
- St. Joseph Workers
- Vincentian Mission Corps is the new organization from the merger of Vincentian Service Corps and Gateway Vincentian Volunteers! Check them out!
- SSJ Mission Corps in Philadelphia post-graduate volunteer program
- Beverly School of Kenya
- Boston Urban Catholic Teacher Corps, Boston MA
- Camp WeHaKee, Hayward, Wisconsin
- Catholic Urban Project
- Christ the King Service Corps, Detroit, Michigan
- Connections, a Directory of Volunteer Opportunities Across the Country and World
- Loretto Volunteer Program, small, faith-based year-long service corps in St. Louis, MO and Washington, DC
- Mercy Ships
- Mi Casa Foundation, Central Mexico
- Nazareth Farm, Salem, WV
- Open Space Council
- SpeakOut English Camps
- Seattle Archdiocese Young Adult Service Team
- Trinity Mission Center/Missionary Cenacle Volunteers
- Young Disciples Team, Diocese of Fargo, ND
- Center for FaithJustice (CFJ in Lawrenceville, NJ), long term (1-2 year placements) and short term volunteer opportunities available.
- LeaderWorx, a 9 week summer program for young adults in community living while serving others, staff social justice youth programs, engage in faith formation and professional development
Seniors/Older Adult Services
- BJC Hospice, volunteer and practicum opportunities
- AmHeart Hospice in Maryland Heights serving St. Louis City and County area, contact person: email@example.com
- Comfort Hospice, to volunteer email Jessica Bray, Volunteer Coordinator or call 1-888-499-5745
- Heartland Hospice
- Mid-East Area Agency on Aging is looking for volunteers to deliver Meals on Wheels to the home-bound, as little as 60-90 minutes a week. Contact Mason at 636-207-0847 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care - Find a Purpose, Develop New Skills, Share your Time. You CAN make a difference!
- Lutheran Senior Services looking for individuals or groups to volunteer Preferred Hospice, or contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Kathy Drewel
- SGSM Network, nonprofit organization working with older adults in St. Louis area, can also email email@example.com
- Ritenour Adult Learning Center - Looking for Education majors! Call to volunteer 314-426-7900 or email the Adult Education Coordinator.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- American Red Cross
- Birthright Counseling
- The Butterfly House or contact Visitor Services & Volunteer Manager
- EnergyCare - help winterize homes of our most at-risk neighbors
- FOCUS St. Louis-Coro Fellows Program in Public Affairs
- Humane Society of Missouri, contact Volunteer Manager for opportunities
- International Institute of St. Louis-Make a World of Difference in your own backyard
- MCRI, student volunteer needed to update website, work from campus, contact Barbara Jennings, CSJ
- Stray Rescue of St. Louis
- YMCA, Become a Literacy Volunteer! 314.776.7102
- Open Space Council, for more information about volunteering, visit our website.
- Operation Pathways at St. Luke's Plaza Apartments
- Catholic Charities Community Services
- Catholic Network of Volunteer Service Information on full-time, global volunteer service
- Catholic Relief Services
- Center for Hearing and Speech, Call 314.968.4710 to speak to the Volunteer Coordinator
- St. Vincent Palloti Center, directory of full-time, Catholic and mission programs for volunteer placement around the U.S. and world
- VolunteerMatch.com Search for volunteer opportunities in your area by your interest
- Sunshine Mission in St. Louis, 314.231.8209
- 350.org Movement, online campaigns, grassroots organizing, public action
- Wings of Hope, or call Volunteer Human Resource Manager at 1-800-448-9487
- St. Louis Green, call (314) 222-8004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer
- Mission: St. Louis, an organization committed to transforming the city of St. Louis by connecting individuals/groups to communities in need through education, empowerment, and economic development.
- Revive Thrift Shop, a local, affordable shopping experience that benefits Mission: St. Louis. Contact Kelsey McTague by email or 314.776.7520, 2200 S. VANDEVENTER AVE • ST. LOUIS, MO 63110. OUR FACEBOOK • TWITTER@REVIVETHRIFT
Want to Add a Volunteer Opportunity?
If there is an organization or group you would like added to this list as a resource, please pass along the contact information to Leslie at email@example.com
Thanks for helping expand our list!