Where am I?
Volunteer Opportunities & Resources
Lives transformed. Hope restored. Visit the website at Mercy Ministries to see who we help. Mercy Ministries is a non-profit,free-of-charge, voluntary, faith-based residential program serving young women, ages 13-28 who face a comination of life-controlling issues. We use proven methods, a holistic approach and professional counselors in a structured residential environment. Mercy has helped thousands of young women be restored to wholeness. Volunteer opportunities throughout the year for big events. Contact Community Relations/Relief Staff @636-325-2015 to volunteer.
To find out more information or to volunteer, click on the organization name to get to their website.
- Annie Malone Children and Family Service Center
- Center for Women in Transition
- Voices for Children, CASA
- Family Support Network
- Family Violence Council
- Partners for Just Trade
- Family Justice Center in St. Louis, 314.781.7733
- Citizen Deputy Juvenile Officer Program, 314.615.4400
- Beverly School of Kenya
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Boys Hope, Girls Hope
- Discovering Options
- Education Exchange Corps (EEC), placing college students and other volunteers as teaching assistants in the St. Louis City schools, ongoing
- Friends with a Better Plan, Community Action Programs Volunteer Match, 314.361.2371
- Girls in the Know, Promoting healthy communication between mothers and daughters through education to encourage pre-teen girls (9-13 years old) to make positive decisions as they mature.Volunteers are needed for our many fundraising events. We can provide credit for volunteer hours. Contact Girls in the know @ 314-717-1270 or by email Vanessa Schrader.
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri
- Girls on the Run St. Louis
- Hosea House, 314.831.7277
- Junior Achievement of Greater St. Louis, Our Mission: To inspire young people to succeed in a global economy. Contact Kim Beveridge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 636-728-0707 ext. 226.
- Kid's Place, 314.863.8055
- KUTO, Kids Under Twenty One - 'teens helping teens help themselves.'
- Loyola Academy of St. Louis, Tutors, Tutors NEEDED at the Jesuit middle school for boys. Go to the website or contact the Community Resource Coordinator
- Our Little Haven-Caring for Children. Mind. Body. Soul
- Mentor St. Louis, Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater St. Louis, 314.335.8000
- PLAY!-Positive Lifestyle Actions for Youth, SSM St. Clare Health Center Foundation, Contact: Melanie Hessler | 636-373-1879 | email@example.com
- Missouri Children's Burn Camp, Just a week in June! Volunteers are needed as Camp Counselors (must be over 21 and be able to pass a background check). The camp will be June 1 - June 7, 2015. For more information, contact Emily Bieker at 314-997-2757.
- Progressive Youth Connection
- St. Louis Crisis Nursery in South St. Louis, 314.768.3201
- St. Louis Public School, volunteers to work with individuals or small groups of students on 6th grade math any day of the week from 3:15-4 p.m. If interested, please contact Tracee Miller by email or 812-208-2055.
- The Point STL - Choose your direction, a community initiative, a refuge for young adults, driven by volunteers.
- The Salvation Army After School and Computer Lab Programs, contact the City Vision Intern, 314.771.3460
- United Way Education Express needs mentors, tutors, readers, and homework helpers. Sign up online
- UrbanFUTURE in St. Louis, educational program serving two St. Louis Public Middle Schools
- YMCA Community Literacy Programs for young and adult learners
- Young Life, St. Louis West Co, 636.394.6043
- St. Louis Area Foodbank, feeding people for 35 years! Need volunteers for the national Hunger Study that kicks off in April. To volunteer, go to the website or contact Terry Edelmann.
- The Campus Kitchens Project, Teach. Reach. Feed. Lead.
- Food Outreach
- Harvey Kornblum Jewish Food Pantry in Creve Coeur
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, Saint Louis Chapter
- Cancer Support Community, dedicated to help people affected by cancer in St. Louis and the surrounding communities.
- DOORWAYS, is an interfaith non-profit organization which provides housing and related supportive services to improve quality of life and health outcomes for people affected by HIV/AIDS. Contact Kyleah Frederic, Volunteer Associate for Doorways Interfaith Residence.
- Easter Seals of Missouri
- Intercommunity Housing Association
- La Clinica
- Missouri Children's Burn Camp, camp counselors volunteers must be over 21 for week in August. Contact Burns Recovered Support Group, Inc. or call 314-997-2757 for more information.
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, contact the Volunteer Community Outreach Coordinator or at 314-781-9020.
- Our Lady's Inn, emergency shelter/practicum students and volunteers needed
- Ranken Jordan, a pediatric specialty hospital
- SSM St. Mary's Health Center Volunteers
Persons with Disabilities
- Camp Barnabas, Christian camp for kids with disabilities, Purdy, MO
- Camp Quality USA, camps for kids with cancer
- Mind's Eye, The Virtual Newsstand for people experiencing blindness, low vision or other physical disablility that prevents them from reading. Volunteer Opportunities available, a few hours a week or a few hours a month. You decide!
- Pathways to Independence a non-profit specializing in social, recreation and leisure education for adults with disabilities; work with participants at events, assist in office.
- Rainbow Village volunteers needed to help with landscaping, painting & other maintenance on 54 homes for people with developmental disabilities
- Franciscan Volunteer Ministry
- Gateway Vincentian Volunteers
- Heartland Charity Volunteers, Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, or contact Sr. Therese Steiner, SCL
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps
- Marianist Volunteer Program
- Medical Mission Sisters
- Mercy Volunteer Corps
- More Than Carpentry Christian Ministries, Building, Shaping, Restoring -for current volunteer opportunitie contact Amber, Volunteer Coordinator
- St. Joseph Workers
- Vincentian Mission Corps is the new organization from the merger of Vincentian Service Corps and Gateway Vincentian Volunteers! Check them out!
- SSJ Mission Corps in Philadelphia post-graduate volunteer program
- Beverly School of Kenya
- Boston Urban Catholic Teacher Corps, Boston MA
- Camp WeHaKee, Hayward, Wisconsin
- Catholic Urban Project
- Christ the King Service Corps, Detroit, Michigan
- Connections, a Directory of Volunteer Opportunities Across the Country and World
- Loretto Volunteer Program, small, faith-based year-long service corps in St. Louis, MO and Washington, DC
- Mercy Ships
- Mi Casa Foundation, Central Mexico
- Nazareth Farm, Salem, WV
- Open Space Council Sign up to help with Operation Clean Stream in August 2014!
- SpeakOut English Camps
- Seattle Archdiocese Young Adult Service Team
- Trinity Mission Center/Missionary Cenacle Volunteers
- Young Disciples Team, Diocese of Fargo, ND
- Center for FaithJustice (CFJ in Lawrenceville, NJ), long term (1-2 year placements) and short term volunteer opportunities available.
- LeaderWorx, a 9 week summer program for young adults in community living while serving others, staff social justice youth programs, engage in faith formation and professional development
Seniors/Older Adult Services
- BJC Hospice, volunteer and practicum opportunities
- AmHeart Hospice in Maryland Heights serving St. Louis City and County area, contact person: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comfort Hospice, to volunteer email Jessica Bray, Volunteer Coordinator or call 1-888-499-5745
- Heartland Hospice
- Mid-East Area Agency on Aging is looking for volunteers to deliver Meals on Wheels to the home-bound, as little as 60-90 minutes a week. Contact Mason at 636-207-0847 or email@example.com
- Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care - Find a Purpose, Develop New Skills, Share your Time. You CAN make a difference!
- Lutheran Senior Services looking for individuals or groups to volunteer Preferred Hospice, or contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Kathy Drewel
- SGSM Network, nonprofit organization working with older adults in St. Louis area, can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ritenour Adult Learning Center - Looking for Education majors! Call to volunteer 314-426-7900 or email the Adult Education Coordinator.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- American Red Cross
- Birthright Counseling
- The Butterfly House or contact Visitor Services & Volunteer Manager
- EnergyCare - help winterize homes of our most at-risk neighbors
- FOCUS St. Louis-Coro Fellows Program in Public Affairs
- Humane Society of Missouri, contact Volunteer Manager for opportunities
- International Institute of St. Louis-Make a World of Difference in your own backyard
- MCRI, student volunteer needed to update website, work from campus, contact Barbara Jennings, CSJ
- Stray Rescue of St. Louis
- YMCA, Become a Literacy Volunteer! 314.776.7102
- Open Space Council, for more information about volunteering, visit our website.
- Operation Pathways at St. Luke's Plaza Apartments
- Catholic Charities Community Services
- Catholic Network of Volunteer Service Information on full-time, global volunteer service
- Catholic Relief Services
- Center for Hearing and Speech, Call 314.968.4710 to speak to the Volunteer Coordinator
- St. Vincent Palloti Center, directory of full-time, Catholic and mission programs for volunteer placement around the U.S. and world
- VolunteerMatch.com Search for volunteer opportunities in your area by your interest
- Sunshine Mission in St. Louis, 314.231.8209
- 350.org Movement, online campaigns, grassroots organizing, public action
- Wings of Hope, or call Volunteer Human Resource Manager at 1-800-448-9487
- St. Louis Green, call (314) 222-8004 or email email@example.com to volunteer
- Mission: St. Louis, an organization committed to transforming the city of St. Louis by connecting individuals/groups to communities in need through education, empowerment, and economic development.
- Revive Thrift Shop, a local, affordable shopping experience that benefits Mission: St. Louis. Contact Kelsey McTague by email or 314.776.7520, 2200 S. VANDEVENTER AVE • ST. LOUIS, MO 63110. OUR FACEBOOK • TWITTER@REVIVETHRIFT
Want to Add a Volunteer Opportunity?
If there is an organization or group you would like added to this list as a resource, please pass along the contact information to Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for helping expand our list!