Where am I?
How to Cancel Your Room
If you are not returning to university housing next fall/spring, cancel your housing on the form below.
This cancels your housing for the 2014-2015 academic year (fall/spring). It also releases your space to allow others to choose it during the Room Selection Process.
Your housing security deposit will be refunded after you move out as long as there are no outstanding charges or fines are owed to the university. You must meet all deadlines to qualify for a housing security deposit refund.
If you change your mind and wish to return to university housing, you must submit a new application contract and a housing security deposit.
Follow these steps to cancel your housing successfully :
1. Start the housing cancellation process by completing the Room Cancellation below.
3. Fill out Resident Hall Exit Survey from your RA. We value your opinion and it is also part of the exit process.
4. A housing security deposit refund is granted, provided an online or written cancellation has been submitted by the May 1 deadline or earlier. You will not receive a housing deposit refund if there are financial obligations to the university, room damages and/or cleaning charges, or holds on your account. If you receive a housing deposit refund after you move out, it will be applied to your account first. There are 2 quick and easy ways to receive your refunds. You can choose either direct deposit or receive it on a Fontbonne University Visa Prepaid Card. Register at: https://fontbonne.afford.com/refunds. If you expect to receive a refund from Fontbonne, be sure to enroll in electronic refunds today!
5. Post Office Policy: You need to change your address at your local post office to ensure continuous mail service. In the room cancellation process please supply Fontbonne with a forwarding address so your mail will not be returned to the sender. If you do not complete this part of the cancellation process, all mail will eith be returned to sender or forwarded to a permanent address on file.
6. You must make an appointment with your RA to check out, return your keys, access card and resident ID. No check outs after 10 pm. All personal belongings must be removed before your room can be inspected by the RA.
7. If you do not follow the checkout procedures, your student account will be charged the $100 fine. This will be taken out of your housing security deposit refund. The balsnce of your housing security deposit refund will then be applied to your direct deposit account.
If you are withdrawing from Fontbonne and leaving permanently, you will also need to complete paperwork with Academic Advising in Ryan Hall room 103.
If you change your mind and wish to return to university housing after you received a refund, you must submit a new application contract and a new housing security deposit.
Questions? Contact a Residential Life staff member at 314-889-1411 or email@example.com